The course aims to raise the candidates’ use of English to Upper Intermediate level (CEFR – Independent User – Level B2). At this point, candidates can be expected to be able to study for the CTH Diploma qualifications and other courses available, with some confidence.
The programme is also available sub-divided into two levels, with minimum Guided Learning Hours of 150 for Level 1 and 300 for Level 2. Please enquire for further details.
The CTH English Language Courses are designed specifically for the International Hospitality and Tourism industries and the content spans use of English relevant to all hotel departments and restaurant staff, tour operators, resort representatives and travel agents. However, as the aim of the qualifications and the subsequent CTH Diplomas is to prepare for a career in management in hospitality and tourism, all candidates will benefit from exposure to matters outside their specific field of interest.
Click here for a link to the qualification specification.
- Excellent preparation for the CTH Diplomas.
- Exams ‘anytime’.
- Results in 4 weeks.
- UK, professional English Language Certificate.
- Set and marked by CTH.
Candidates must achieve
- All 9 mandatory units, providing 117 credits i.e. a total of 117 credits
- English for working in a restaurant (EWR)
- English for working in hotels and tourism (EWHT)
- Travel English (TE)
- English for effective interviews and careers in tourism and hospitality (EEICTH)
- English for tour guides (ETG)
- Customer relations English for tourism and hospitality (CRETH)
- English for hotels, locations and travel agents (EHLTA)
- English for accommodation and staffing (EAS)
- English for aviation (EA)
CEFR (Common European Framework) references are as follows:
CEFR (Independent User) Level B2
Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
£4,000.00 plus £50 Registration Fee (CTH Membership registration not required)