Aims of the qualification
The aims are to provide a qualification that:
- enables students to learn English Communication contextualised for the hospitality and tourism sectors;
- aids academic progression;
- enables students to gain credit towards higher education;
- enables students to develop higher level academic skills that can be applied in a vocational context.
Click here for a link to the qualification specification.
The entry requirements below are intended for guidance only as applicants may apply with a wide variety of backgrounds and qualifications.
CTH accredited centres will assess all applicants to ensure they are able to meet the demands of the course.
Recommended entry requirements
Completed full time secondary or high school education up to age 16 and a minimum IELTS 3.5 or other evidence of competence in English at this level
Candidates must achieve
- All 6 mandatory units, providing 78 credits i.e. a total of 78 credits
- English for effective interviews and careers in tourism and hospitality (EEICTH)
- English for tour guides (ETG)
- Customer relations English for tourism and hospitality (CRETH)
- English for hotels, locations, and travel agents (EHLTA)
- English for accommodation and staffing (EAS)
- English for aviation (EA)
Amity College Registration fee: £50
CTH Registration fees: £15
Examination fee per unit: £25