The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Business is a 60 credit Ofqual regulated qualification and is the equivalent level to an A Level or Access to HE qualification. It has been designed with support from higher education providers and is intended for learners who wish to progress to a business or management degree but may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required. The qualification provides learners with an introduction to the business environment and to marketing as well as key academic, research and communication skills that are required for successful progression to higher education.
Who this qualification is for?
This qualification is suitable for you if you intend to take a business and management degree but do not yet have sufficient, relevant attainment at Level 3 to meet the entry requirements for a higher education course or you wish to progress your career in a management role at entry level.
On successful completion of this qualification, there are a number of progression opportunities.
Students can progress to:
- A level 4 ATHE qualification such as the ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Management
- A degree programme
- Students can go directly into employment in areas of growth in finance, administration and management
ATHE University Partners:
ATHE has a number of University partners, who offer online or on the campus Bachelor and Master courses including:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Sunderland London Campus
- Northampton University
- Coventry University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- University of Bolton
- University of Bedfordshire
- Prince Edward Island University
For more information, please visit https://athe.co.uk/progression-routes/
This qualification is designed for students aged 16 and above.
For students who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include one of following:
- Age: 16 +
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- other related level 2 subjects
- other equivalent international qualifications
- Applicants must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments
- Applicants may also have relevant work experience
Mature students route:
Mature students are encouraged to apply and will be considered after interview. You may be required to present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid), participation and/or achievement of relevant qualifications.
You do not need to have studied Business and Management before but an interest in the subject is important
List of documents required for registration:
- Completed application form
- Authenticated scans of your qualifications, certificates and complete transcripts for all years of studies
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your CV/résumé
- A scanned copy of a recent passport sized color photograph
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of address
- Two references
There is no external assessment (i.e. exams) attached to any unit. You will be required to submit a final written assignment for each module.
Overall Grading Type
Eligible for Advanced Learner Loans.
You must complete 4 mandatory units worth 60 credits to achieve the ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Business.
How Businesses Operate
The key features of an organisation and there importance are explored, including Finance, Leadership, HR, Marketing, managing data and customer service
Marketing Principles and Techniques
An introduction to Marketing is provided followed by a look at research, analysis and promotional techniques
Academic and Research Skills for Business
This unit is for understanding ones own academic strengths and weaknesses and developing research papers using a variety of skills.
Communication Skills for Business
A look at how communication is used in business and how ones own communication skills can be developed to effectively present information and ideas.
How much will it cost?
- Please call to enquire
- The registration fee is £50 per module